Tuesday, January 4, 2011

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ

This year instead of participating in a crap ton of challenges I am only going to do three. I am aiming to read 75 books this year, as well as retrying the Read Your Name Challenge since I didn't finish that one the way I had hoped. Technically I read my first name so I could count it. Finally, I'm doing a challenge of my own making. Read the Alphabet! Each book needs to start with a letter of the alphabet for a total of 26 books. The exception being x where words with x as the second letter count, like excellent, oxen, or axiom. Qualifiers like "A" and "The" do not count towards A or T, unless you are reading A if for Alibi. I'm very excited! At first I thought I would try to do it in alphabetical order, but I am hard at work on a K and want it to count.

What are your reading challenges going to be this year?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Xenocide, by Orson Scott Card. There's your "x".

Bibliophile said...

Like you, I am cutting down on the challenges. I am doing it by participating small challenges that can be finished quickly instead of big ones that take a long time (except for two of my own that I am continuing from last year).

chadspurling said...

To read all of Gaiman's works, not counting the graphic novels. I just can't afford to get all of those in a year and most libraries don't carry them. To read the complete works of William Shakespeare, nine days into the new year and I'm on my fourth play already.