Thursday, April 5, 2007

Baltimore

My overall impression of Baltimore is that it is a strange mixture of really cool architecture with great public places that will be even nicer when the fountains are running and some hideously ugly buildings. The area I stayed in was near the inner harbor and I found the city to be pretty pedestrian friendly, and not too difficult to navigate in a car provided you had a good map. If you happen to be allergic to seafood or to just not enjoy it pick another destination. Even the places where we dined in Little Italy had seafood throughout their menus. I would love to go back and see more of the historic sites that I missed on this trip (I was at a conference after all and couldn't play tourist all day), as well as some of the more quirky parts of the city. If anyone has any suggestions on where to go and what to see I'd love to hear about them. (I was supposed to go on a tour for Edgar Allan Poe that wound up at his grave, but it got canceled because of lack of interest. Can you imagine? Librarians not wanting to go visit the Master of Macabre's tomb? Shocking.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, I've never been to Baltimore, but I certainly like seafood (hehehe) and will keep that in mind for when, if ever, I get to go to Baltimore.

I for one though, would have definitely enjoyed the Edgar Allen Poe tour, 'cause I've always been a big fan, even though I'm not a librarian. B-)

The absent minded nomad said...

Well, duh, I would be someone else if I did not urge you to get to Camden Yards! And the Babe Ruth museum.