Thursday, May 13, 2010

I may be out of my mind

because I am actually considering participating in this challenge.

The 48 Hour Book Challenge. In reality it is actually less hardcore than the 24 hour read-a-thons that get hosted twice a year. The object here is to read as much as you can in a 48 hour period, while with the 24 hour ones the object is to try and read for 24 hours straight. Yikes! It is highly doubtful that I could accomplish that as I need lots of sleep. Last night I fell asleep while watching a new Eddie Izzard program. How does that happen? I love Eddie Izzard, he makes me laugh until my sides ache, and yet he was talking about firefighters and the next thing I knew I was waking up and he was talking about Yemen. Sunshine sent me to bed.

Speaking of Sunshine, he is now addicted to Doctor Who. We will most likely be having a Who marathon this weekend, watching seasons 1 and 2. But back to books and challenges. I'm not sure why I am so taken with reading challenges, but I imagine it is because 1) it makes me feel less like I am reading in a void and 2)because it focuses my reading. So, if I can arrange it, I plan on trying this challenge.

No comments: