Wednesday, May 5, 2010

WWW Wednesday

Being sick is not fun, but this type of illness has enabled me to read a lot in the past few days. It is essentially the only activity that my constant trips to the bathroom doesn't truly interfere with. But you don't want to hear about that.

What have I recently read?: Since last Wednesday I have read King Solomon's Mines, Dead in the Family, and Woof!: Writers on Dogs. The last one was a collection of essays that I started last night after watching a disturbing episode of Law & Order SVU (I know that is sort of redundant as almost every episode of SVU is disturbing, but this one especially so, IMHO). I enjoyed some essays more than others, skipped one entirely, and skipped the remainder of one when it became obvious that nothing good was going to happen. I found Dead in the Family, the latest Sookie Stackhouse book, at the grocery store of all places, and I think they had it out in advance of the sell date. Oops!

What I am reading now?: At long last, I have resumed Educating Alice.

What will I read next?: One of the following: When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead, Boneshaker by Cherie Priest or The Serpent's Tale by Arianna Franklin.

No comments: