Thursday, May 20, 2010

Updates

My "to be read" list is now up to 529. It was 491 only a few weeks ago. Clearly I need help.

I have read a total of 23 books this year, not counting picture books. I had a moment of panic when I was counting them up on my list since the total only came to 21. However, there are two major fluff books that I read this year that I couldn't fit into my categories. I suppose I could count them in the "my choice" category, but at the expense of what? Very puzzling. But as far as my tally goes it is 23 and I'm sticking with that. I may end up chucking my carefully planned list altogether at some point, since I have revised it approximately five times already. The most recent overhaul was to get rid of "Scare Myself Stupid" and replacing it was "Book Blog Recommendations." It was the only category I hadn't read anything from, although I did leave three of the books on the list.

I have added another challenge. (More evidence that I need help). This one is called "What's in a Name?" and it is from Tales of a Capricious Reader. This one is a little different from the others in that you have to read six books with specific title qualifications. There has to be one of the following things included in the title: a food, a body of water, a title (such as King or Major), a plant, a place name, and finally a music term. I've had a lot of fun picking out the books to meet these parameters. I have read 1/6: The Weed that Strings the Hangman's Bag.

Other challenge statistics:
Our Mutual Read: 3/4. Just The Invisible Man by H.G. Wells left to go!
Fantasy: 2/6
First in a series: 1/6. I was looking at my list and realized I had six of them on there in different places so I went with the higher level of participation.
Typically British: 2/6
Read My Name: 5/14 I've covered the following letters: ELBOH.

I am having so much fun with this!

1 comment:

Ana S. said...

Ha - I think we all need help :P Mine has actually been decreasing over the past few weeks, but we'll see how long that lasts...