Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Why doesn't book pooper exist?

After all, there is a website called movie pooper, where you can go find out the endings of the movies that you don't want to sit through, since sometimes the surprise twist is the only thing that is interesting about it. I mainly utilize the site for horror films since I am a terrible wuss about those sorts of movies but am frequently curious as to the outcomes.

I wish that there was something similar for books. I know I can look up classics in reference works like Masterplots, but there doesn't seem to be anything for current fiction. The source for this desire is Boneshaker. I want to know the truth about what happened, but I have very little desire to finish reading the book, primarily because the two main characters annoy me. Zeke because he's a naive and at times moronic teenager, and Brier because she's doing the whole martyred woman thing. I get it, their lives are impossibly hard, but really, if my husband had been blamed for destroying an entire city, and unleashing a horrible poison gas that caused people to turn into zombies you bet your ass I wouldn't have stayed outside the same city with the rest of the survivors trying to eke out an existence. Walking south to California couldn't have been any harder than working 12 hour shifts and living in a community where everyone hates you.

I'm trying to decide if I'm going to finish it or not. I really want to know, but man these characters irritate me.

No comments: