Wednesday, May 19, 2010

WWW Wednesday



To play along, just answer the following three (3) questions…

* What are you currently reading?
* What did you recently finish reading?
* What do you think you’ll read next?


What am I currently reading? I haven't completely given up on Boneshaker by Cherie Priest, although it has been set aside for the reasons I gave yesterday. I just started The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith, and though I am enjoying it the book hasn't really grabbed me like I had hoped. It counts towards the 100 Book Challenge (obviously), the Read Your Name Challenge (for my soon to be last name), the First in a Series Challenge, and also towards another long term goal of reading a book set in or about each of the recognized countries in the world. (I got this idea from another blog, but now I can't find which one. I thought it was Fizzy Thoughts, but I can't seem to find the link on her blog for it, so it was probably someone else. Egads. My apologies to whomever it was, I clearly thought it was a fabulous idea.)

What did I recently finish reading? I finished The Weed That Strings the Hangman's Bag by Alan Bradley, and Obit by Jim Sheeler. Both count towards the 100 Book Challenge and Obit counts towards the Read Your Name Challenge (again for the soon to be last name). For those keeping track I've read 23 books for the 100 Book Challenge, almost a quarter of the way there, although fairly off pace considering it is mid-May.

What am I going to read next? I hope to go to the bookstore on Friday and purchase Bite Me by Christopher Moore. I will probably read The Mostly True Adventures of Homer P. Figg next.

No comments: